Friday, April 29, 2011

Joint Venture Can Be A Win-Win Solution 合资燕屋运作可是双赢的方案

Immediate confirmation from Mr. P after a convincing outcome from bird call test, on the next day my contractor moved his worked and started the renovation without further hesitation.

Mr. L, neighbour and friend of Mr. P, his shop is just next to Mr. P’s, he was with us during bird call test. He came to me when I was giving instruction to my contractor, he wanted me to turn his shoplot into BH as well after seeing the result from bird test yesterday.

I was then thinking that, if I am making two separate BH that just next to each other, I will not be able to control both unit will get equally good result, they will become competitor, I think the second one will put the blame on me after. The best solution in my mind is to get them joint venture, make 1 BH instead of 2 by joining two units up, they will share the profit regardless of nest in where.

They agreed to my proposal of JV after my explanation on pros and cons, there are actually much more advantages than disadvantages for their JV, such as lower cost for construction and equipment, larger nesting space for better growth, lower risk, no competition etc. I believe JV will be a win-win solution for them.

1st unit of Mr. P is half completed, all hacking and cement work done, I decided to use dual entrances, side entry at the front and open roof at the back. Since Mr. L unit needs to build another half floor above the 1st floor with more concrete work which will take long time, the completion will be extended another 2weeks.

测试结果后的第二天,P先生毫不犹豫地的肯定这单工程,我的承包商即刻地调动他的工人开始改造工程。

L先生是P先生的邻居也是好朋友,他的店仅于P先生店的隔壁,昨天在进行鸟测试时他和我们一起。当我正在指示承包商改造工程时,他走过来和我谈,他要我把他的店屋也改造成燕屋,因为从昨天的测试结果后信心十足。

我当时想,如果我把两间仅隔壁的单位同时改造成隔别燕屋,我将无法控制两间都将同时得到同样的好成绩,他们将成为竞争对手,我认为成绩仅次的人会责怪我。在我心中最好的解决办法是让他们合资运作,把它改成一间燕屋而不是两间,他们将同时分享其利润,不管窝造在哪一间。

我对他们解释合资运作的利弊后,他们都同意我的建议,其实他们的合资运作方案,优点比缺点多,如建筑和设备成本较低,有更大筑巢空间,更好地燕群成长,更低风险,没有竞争等等。我相信,合资燕屋运作对他们将是一个双赢的方案。

第一间P先生的已完成了一半工程,所有的敲打和水泥工已完成,我在前面用窗口侧入口,在后面用天井式,是双入口。由于L先生的单元需要建另半楼,需更长的时间,此工程因此需再延长2周。

Interfloor Hole access to lower nest area

Front with Side Entrance

Building another half floor

No comments:

Post a Comment